Windows 11 didn’t only come with an improved user interface compared to Windows 10, but also new functionalities that help improve user efficiency. One notable feature is the Windows 11 libraries folder that displays quick useful options like the Camera Roll, Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos, and Saved Pictures.
What are the benefits of these quick options under the Windows 11 Library folder? When enabled, your folders can be organized under one of the categories so you do not have to search amongst the hundreds of folders you have to locate the one you need. By enabling this, all you have to do is open the category e.g Pictures and then you can locate it from there. Do not worry, when you choose a folder to be kept under one of these categories, it will not be permanently moved there, but rather accessible.
Steps to Show or Hide the Libraries Folder on Windows 11
So if you are interested in showing the Libraries Folder on Windows 11, then follow the steps below. We not only gave a guide for that but also how to hide libraries’ Folders and easily add files and folders to the library folder.
#1. Showing Libraries On Windows 11
Let us consider how to show the Libraries folder on Windows 11’s File Explorer by following the steps below;
- Open the File Explorer by pressing the Windows + E key, or simply use the File Explorer icon on the taskbar.
- Next, click on the three horizontal burger icons on the taskbar menu.
- From the list of options, tap on Options.
- Under the Folders Option, switch to the View tab.
- On the Advanced Settings, scroll down a bit and check the Show libraries option.
- After this, you should click on the Apply button, then Ok to confirm the changes.
So this is how to show the libraries folder on your Windows 11 operating system.
#2. How to Hide Libraries folders in Windows 11
To hide the Libraries folder in Windows 11, all you have to do is follow the same steps you used to show the folder. We’ve explained it in detail to you.
- First, open the File Explorer program, then as you did before, tap on the three dots on the top bar.
- When you see and click on Options, open the Folder Options, and switch to the View tab.
- Next, scroll down and uncheck the Show Libraries option.
- Finally, simply click on the Apply button to hide the Libraries folder in Windows 11.
That is how simple it is to hide the Libraries folder in Windows 11.
#3. Bonus: How to Add Folders to the Libraries
After you have enabled the Libraries folder, it is time to add your favorite folders or files to the appropriate Windows 11 Librabries category. So here is how you can add folders to the Libraries.
- First, open the File Explorer on your Windows 11 PC.
- Next, head to your folder you wish to add to the Libraries section. Simply do so by a single right-click on the folder.
- After that, select the Show More options, then Library, Create New Library on the classic context menu.
- Now the new folder will appear in the Libraries folder.
- It can also be deleted when you right-click on it and then use the Delete option as seen below.
That is it! This is how you can add or remove folders to the Libraries on Windows 11.
So far, you have learnt how to show or hide the Libraries folder. This feature provided by Microsoft will definitely improve your swift usage of files and documents on your computer.